Prepare answers to the most common types of questions.
- Why have you applied for this job?
- Why should we hire you?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your best qualities?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What don’t you do well?
- Do you work well under pressure?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- How much do you expect to get paid?
Which questions are they not allowed to ask?
- Which religion do you subscribe to?
- Do you plan to have children?
- Do you have any special sexual preferences?
Make a mental image of your filling the position – feel free to suggest possible solutions for concrete problems in the company. Some interviews require you to solve a specific case, in order to test whether or not you understand how the company conducts its business.
Some companies will pose questions, but you may also be proactive and take charge: “I was wondering if maybe one could…”